Carver Birthplace Association (CBA)
The Association exists to encourage the scientific, educational, historical and interpretive activities of the National Park Service at George Washington Carver National Monument, and to promote the legacy of Dr. George Washington Carver.
Did You Know?
The Carver Birthplace Association (CBA) is the cooperating association of George Washington Carver National Monument. CBA was established in the early 1940′s and began the letter writing campaign to bring the park into existence. CBA was incorporated, February 26, 1963.
You can become a CBA member through our webstore or by contacting Ann McCormick, Executive Director at 417-438-3351, or email@example.com Your tax-deductible contributions and membership entitles you to the following benefits:
- 10% discount in the bookstore
- Three issues of the Carver Connection Newsletter
- Invitations to special events and park programs
- Recognition in park publications and displays
- Commemorative Carver peanut pin (first time members)
- Volunteering opportunities to participate in park activities, committees and meetings
- Membership card
Through your support of CBA, we are able to assist the George Washington Carver National Monument with the following activities and programs:
- Awards for the annual 4th Grade Carver Art & Essay Contest
- Carver Scholarship to assist our high school students with college expenses
- Community outreach through visits to schools, churches, and civic organizations
- The George Washington Carver Symposium, a gathering of Carver scholars and enthusiasts
- The CBA Bookstore, located in the G.W. Carver National Monument Visitor Center
- Materials for interactive educational activities and displays
- Sponsorship of park events including: Art in the Park(April), Carver Day(July) and Prairie Day(September)
If you would like to make an additional donation above the membership amount, please use the donate button on the right.